The Intern Program includes:
• Job training in a setting that combines inner-city ministry and Christian camping.
• Personal spiritual growth through discipleship and small group involvement.
• Academic training through The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI) and book studies.
• Exposure to city ministry through trips to southern California cities.
Application / Interview:
• Applications are accepted year round.
• Interviews will take place at The Oaks Camp or by phone.
• Internship Start Date: Sept. 15.
Finances: Interns raise 100% of the $650 they receive per month. This amount may be adjusted to include other costs such as operating a vehicle, and individual health insurance. Housing is provided, as well as meals while guest groups are here.
Organization: The Oaks Camp and Conference Center
Location: 18651 Pine Canyon Rd., Lake Hughes, CA 93532
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 437, Lake Hughes, CA 93532
Contact: Justin McKinney at
Mission: The Oaks Camp and Conference Center is a ministry of World Impact Inc., a Christian missions organization focused on the youth and families of the inner city. The Oaks is located in the San Gabriel Mountains, one hour north of Los Angeles. We serve urban youth and families as well as churches from southern California.