The Oaks Leadership Institute
Empowering the next generation of urban Christian leaders
If you desire to serve others in your community, you will find your next step at The Oaks Leadership Institute! Whether you know your calling exactly or whether you are still discovering how to use your passions, this internship gives you a wide range of training, experience, and encouragement that will empower you to know your role as part of the next generation of urban leaders.
At The Oaks Leadership Institute, you will encounter Christ, be encouraged in your walk with Him, and be empowered as a leader through the following program elements:
- Practical job experience in all departments across the camp ministry.
- Hands-on opportunities to learn servant leadership.
- Academically rigorous training through instruction and book studies.
- Personal spiritual growth through discipleship and small group involvement.
- Vibrant community through fellow interns, camp staff, and host families.
- Opportunities to be refreshed through the many recreational activities offered through camp.
- Duration: The 10-month internship is from September 1st through June 30th.
- Compensation: Interns will receive a monthly stipend of $700.
- Housing: Residential housing on camp is provided as part of the internship.
- Location: Nestled in the beautiful Sierra Pelona Mountains at Lake Hughes, The Oaks Camp provides a refreshing environment to learn. The camp offers a variety of trails and activities (such as paintball, archery, swimming, rock climbing, etc.) for recreation.
The next step
- Fill out this application: Online Application.
Please note, the application deadline for 2017 is August 15th!
- Email Paul with any questions you may have or call The Oaks at 661-724-1018 ext. 331.