The Oaks Camp and Conference Center Coronavirus Response
Our Response Plan to Keep You Safe
The health and safety of our guests is our #1 priority. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we think it is important that you understand our efforts to manage a health and safe environment so that you can make the best choices. We are focused on taking all reasonable measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at The Oaks.
Behind the scenes, we’ve already been preparing for your stay at the Oaks:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures for all lodging and common areas.
- Employees have received advanced training with COVID-19 specific content.
- A high-percentage alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available at all meeting areas, dining halls, retail locations and many other places throughout our camp.
- New signage is in place at all entrances, common areas, meeting rooms, and guest rooms to encourage good health.
- Buildings have MERV air filters in all indoor meeting spaces. These filters can capture airborne viruses and bacteria from coughs and sneezes.
- Every space having a “reset” time of 72 hours between guest visits.
What you need to do before your arrival:
- Review the new health screening procedures you will need to complete prior to coming to camp.
- Distribute the modified medical forms to all of your potential guests.
- Have every participant read the provided health guidelines and complete a medical form.
- Complete a health screening with each participant.
- We ask that all participants – guests, leaders staff – monitor their temperature prior to their arrival. We partner with you to identify anyone who has had relevant exposure, symptoms, or elevated temperature. We will not be allowing anyone into The Oaks who is identified as posing a health risk to our guests and staff.
Arrival and During Your Stay
Upon your arrival, your check in experience will be enhanced to provide for the safety of our guests:
- Orientation will be scheduled with your group to talk about what there is to do and also how to be safe during your stay.
- Wristbands will be distributed for meal time designation.
- Health forms will be collected and reviewed upon your arrival.
Guests Health and Group Interactions:
- · Guests and staff will be reminded to wash hands frequently and staff temperatures will be monitored daily.
- · Our staff are trained to encourage every guest to use hand sanitizer each time they enter and exit a building.
- · Face coverings will be highly encouraged for indoor spaces.
- · As much as possible, we encourage interactions only within your group.
Facilities and Activities:
- Guests lodging is arranged to sleep head to foot. Lodging has also been modified to allow for a 6 foot separation of guests from head to head.
- Meeting spaces have been modified for “max capacity” within CDC / LA County Health guidelines.
- Staff and guests are encouraged to practice social distancing such as no hand touching while singing “grace”, no “high-fives”, or congregating closely. This is encouraged between different families, or, social groupings of people.
- We encourage our guests to take fun outdoors as much as possible and spread things out. Fresh air, sunshine, and heat are all things that we have plenty of here at The Oaks.
- Food service is being modified to allow for “low touch” point of service. Procedures are implemented with the intention of keeping guests from handling shared items.
- Activities will be “checked in / checked out” so that we can sanitize equipment between each party’s use.
And in case of illness
Isolation facilities are available in the unfortunate event that one or more guests contract an illness that might spread. We ask that you employ the defined specific quarantine protocols so that illnesses are caught and contained quickly involving Isolate, Respond, Confirm, and Removal.
- Any guests that show symptoms of COVID-19 will be isolated and asked to return home as soon as possible.
- If a guest tests positive for COVID-19, all group leaders will be notified who were here during that time period.
This situation continues to change daily, and as such, we will adapt and adjust our protocols and procedures as we follow the guidance provided by the CDC and local health departments, in our efforts to help keep our guests, staff, and families safe.
The CDC continues to maintain that COVID-19 generally presents with mild symptoms, and appears to occur more commonly in adults than children.
For more information you can visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention webpage https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/children-faq.html
The primary guidance of the CDC continues to revolve around the following best practices:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
You can find more information about COVID-19 and its signs and symptoms at websites for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization.
Status & Updates
At this time The Oaks has made the decision to remain closed through July 31st. When a more concrete timeline for reopening is clear, we will provide details for how and when The Oaks will resume operations.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
(Previous Update 5/31)
At present, we continue to be under the Los Angeles County “stay-at-home” order. We are also monitoring updates and recommendations from authorities regarding COVID-19. California Governor Newsom has released general guidelines for how the state will plan to reopen, but specific dates were not provided as part of that update. We anticipate greater clarity in the upcoming weeks both from the CDC, state, and local health authorities.
When a more concrete timeline for reopening is clear, we will provide details for how and when The Oaks will resume operations. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
(Previous Update – 4/16)
The Oaks is continuing to monitor updates and recommended safety procedures from national, state, and local authorities regarding COVID-19. In light of the Los Angeles County (where The Oaks is located) extension of the ’“stay-at-home” order through May 15th, all guest visits and retreats have been cancelled through that date. We will continue to monitor developments and make further adjustments as needed. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
(Previous Update – 4/2)
The Oaks is continuing to monitor updates and recommended safety procedures from national, state, and local authorities regarding COVID-19. In light of these recommendations, including the federal extension of “stay-at-home” guidelines, all guest visits and retreats have been cancelled through April 30th. We will continue to monitor developments and make further adjustments as needed. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
(Previous Update – 3/17)
In response to the guidance provided by our national, state, and local authorities, The Oaks is canceling all guest visits and retreats scheduled through April 6th, 2020.
Suspending guest visits for this period is in alignment with the recommendations designed to limit the transmission and spread of COVID-19. While we realize these measures will cause inconvenience to our guests, our intent is to disrupt the spread of the virus and protect overall community health. By limiting opportunities for transmission, together, we can slow its spread and protect vulnerable individuals at risk of serious outcomes should they be exposed.
For retreats scheduled prior to April 6th, we will offer an opportunity to reschedule your retreat and apply your deposit to a future date. If you choose not to reschedule, we can provide refund fees including your deposit. At this time, this applies only to retreats scheduled through April 6th. We will be in contact with all groups to discuss a rescheduling of your retreat.
Rest assured, we understand this is a dynamic situation. We are monitoring this situation closely, staying in regular contact with local, state, and federal agencies, health organizations, and other experts. As of today, The Oaks plans to resume normal operations on April 6th. Thank you for your patience and trust in The Oaks. We look forward to serving you.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com
(Previous Update – 3/7)
With the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news, we understand you might have concerns about you and your group’s health while at camp. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding COVID-19 cases and following the guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
At The Oaks Camp and Conference Center, we maintain an established cleaning program to provide a clean and inviting environment for all our guests. Each meeting room and lodging room is cleaned between guests stays. There are also bathrooms located near all meeting rooms (please use these for regular hand washing) and hand sanitizer stations located in the dining hall. We are also increasing the frequency of using disinfectant in restrooms and door handles